Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Drew Barrymore on marriage: 'I'm finally a part of a family'

Drew Barrymore on marriage: 'I'm finally a part of a family'


	Drew Barrymore in the January 2013 issue of Allure.

Carter Smith/Allure

Drew Barrymore tells Allure of dieting: 'I cannot live a life where I’m deprived. I’d much rather be five, ten pounds heavier.'

She’s a married woman and the mother of a new child, but Drew Barrymore still doesn’t feel like an adult.

The former Hollywood wild child opens up in the January issue of Allure magazine, saying her new life as a responsible adult can sometimes take her by surprise.

"The mistakes, the potholes, the journeys, the bad patterns -- all of it is so much clearer to me now ... but I still don't totally feel like a grown-up," the actress tells the mag, which hits newsstands Dec. 25. "Maybe I never will."

Following a troubled childhood marked by drug and alcohol abuse and two stints in rehab, Barrymore has since cleaned up her act, marrying art consultant Will Kopelman in June and giving birth to their first child, daughter Olive, three months later.

“We have opposite experiences, but we’re not opposites,” the actress says of her new husband, who is the son of former Chanel CEO Arie Kopelman. “We’re both very particular and detail-oriented. We love art and music and adventures, and we laugh our a--es off together.”

“He's my home now … It makes me almost want to cry. He's the father of my child, and I'm the mother of his child. I'm finally a part of a family, and it's a miracle."

Barrymore also didn’t sound surprised to hear about her friend and “Whip It” co-star Kristin Wiig dating her ex, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti.

"It all seems so wacky and incestuous, but that's kind of how life works," the new mom says. "It seems fitting that they would find each other. I was like, 'Right, of course, that makes perfect sense.'"

As for her approach on both her personal and professional relationships, the actress says she “will always commit.”

"I want to be that kind of mother. I'm that kind of friend. I'm that kind of producer. I do everything in this life-or-death way,” she explains. “The only thing I've tried to get better at is starting to believe maybe it's not life or death. But the [level of] commitment hasn't changed or wavered."

No comments:

Post a Comment